The IsaBody Challenge and Official Rules & Regulations for US/CA/PR
2013 ISABODY CHALLENGE CRITERIA
The JUDGING PROCESS
The winners will be those with the most compelling story as to “why” and “how” improving their physical image has improved their life. Participants will be required to submit an essay and
“before” and “after” photos. Contestants may also submit other materials such as body fat analyses, lifestyle photos, and home videos to further supplement their essay and demonstrate their overall transformation. A physician or qualified trainer at a local health club can measure body fat. Any inappropriate material will be deemed invalid. All essays must be in English. A panel of unbiased judges, from the corporate management team, will select all winners. Each judge will score each contestant on a 100-point scale based on 50 percent from the essay and 50 percent from the “before” and “after” photos. A positive weight will be given to those that have competed in a previous IsaBody Challenge®. The scores will be tabulated to give each contestant a cumulative score from each judge. The scores of these judges will then be combined to give each contestant a final score, which will be used to determine the winners. The winners will be the individuals with the highest cumulative scores. The decision of the judges is final.
Note: If a participant finishes the Challenge three weeks or more prior to the Challenge end date, they must submit four final “maintenance” photos. If selected, and winners do not maintain their success to the satisfaction of the judges, the participant will be ineligible for consideration as a finalist.
The WRITTEN ESSAY (50 PERCENT OF SCORE)
The essay must be 250-500 words and must describe how their transformation using Isagenix has improved and impacted their life. The essay is required to be submitted no more than two weeks after the participants challenge end date. Topics for discussion may include but are not limited to: Why you entered the Challenge; how Isagenix products benefited you; what your goals were and how Isagenix has helped you reach them; and how you will motivate others to achieve success through the use of the Isagenix products.
Essay must include:
- Participant name
- “Before” and “after” weight (“Before” weight must be from the participants start date)
- Any other supporting materials (body fat analyses, medical reports, etc.) to enhance credibility.
Note: The essay becomes the sole property of Isagenix to be used in any manner deemed appropriate.
“BEFORE” AND “AFTER” PHOTOS (50 PERCENT OF SCORE)
In order to qualify for judging, each participant must submit four “before” and four “after” photos. “Before” photos must be taken on the participant’s start date. “After” photos must be taken on the participant’s Challenge end date. Full-body photos must be taken in the upright position. “After” photos must be uploaded within two weeks of the participants end date.
Four Photos Required for Judging:
- One frontal photo with the newspaper taken on the established start date.
- The newspaper should be held in the hand away from the body and should be one of the following publications:
- USA Today
- Globe and Mail
- Sintao (for Canada)
- El Nuevo Dia (for Puerto Rico)
- The newspaper should be held in the hand away from the body and should be one of the following publications:
- One frontal view without the newspaper
- One profile without the newspaper
- One rear photo without the newspaper
PHOTO ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION:
- The photos must be authentic, not altered or modified. If any photo tampering is evident participant will be immediately disqualified.
- The same type of clothing must be worn in all photos.
- High-quality photos (300 dpi) are recommended to show the best and most detailed results.
- Unusually revealing or provocative photos will be deemed invalid.
- The purpose of the photos is to demonstrate a clear body transformation that has been achieved through hard work, effort and determination in completing a comprehensive nutrition and exercise regimen, incorporating the Isagenix products.
- The recommended size for printed photos is 4″ x 6″.
- Photos must be 1 MB or smaller to be uploaded into the Associate Back Office.
- The file format for uploaded photos is JPG.
- Participants should take the photos using a white or light-colored solid backdrop for optimal visibility.
- All photos sent to Isagenix become the property of Isagenix. They will not be returned and may be used in any manner deemed appropriate by Isagenix. The contestant should retain negatives, digital and hard copies for their own records.
- Since the photo with the newspaper is for verification of the date of the photo, the date or headline must be visible in the photo.
- If the participant does not have access to one of the suggested newspapers, an alternate paper may be used. In this case, it is recommended that the front page of the paper be submitted with the photos for date verification or that a close up photo of the front page be submitted in addition to the four required “before” and/or “after” photos as a lifestyle photo.
- A digital image upload feature is available via the IsaBody Challenge Contest page in the Associate Back Office.
PARTICIPATION IN PREVIOUS CHALLENGES (Positive Weight)
The completion of a previous Challenge is not a requirement to be selected as a winner; however it will be weighted positively during the judging process. Participants can sign up for back-to-back Challenges, but may not do two Challenges simultaneously. Participants must complete their previous Challenge before entering the next one. Participants can restart their Challenge at any time.
Note: By participating in the IsaBody Challenge, I hereby grant Isagenix an unlimited license to use my name, likeness, voice or written materials in any future Isagenix publication, advertisement or promotion. I also certify that my testimonial or endorsement of the Isagenix products is true and voluntary and provided of my own free will. I understand that I will not be entitled to receive any remuneration of any kind for the future use of my name, likeness, voice or written materials.
“MAINTENANCE” PHOTOS AND WEIGHT
To be considered in the judging process, participants must maintain their success. Participants who complete their Challenge period three weeks or more prior to Challenge end date must submit four final “maintenance” photo. This will be used during judging to verify that the Challenge results have been maintained through the end of the Challenge. Dates requiring maintenance photos are as follows:
- If contestant completes the New Year Kick Off Challenge prior to November 1st, 2012 then four “maintenance” photos will be required for judging. These photos must be submitted between November 13, 2012 and November 20, 2012 and must comply with all guidelines as set forth for the “before” and “after” photos.
- If contestant completes the Celebration Challenge prior to May 30th 2013 then four “maintenance” photos will be required for judging. These photos must be submitted between June 13, 2013 and June 20, 2013 and must comply with all guidelines as set forth for the “before” and “after” photos.
- Men and women 18 years of age and older, as of their registration date, are eligible to participate in the IsaBody Challenge.
- All participants must be residents of the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico.
- Corporate Isagenix employees including but not limited to corporate contractors, corporate consultants, and temporary employees are not eligible as winners or trip companions.
- Participant must be an Isagenix Independent Associate or Isagenix Preferred Customer during the time they are enrolled in the challenge.
- A minimum of 500 BV is required throughout the participant’s Challenge period for eligibility.
- Participants must use Isagenix products and cannot use similar or competitive products from any other company during the time they are participating in the IsaBody Challenge.
- Winners and enrolling sponsors may be required to sign an affidavit attesting to their use of Isagenix products during the Challenge period.
- All participants must submit a completed online registration form in order to be eligible for the Challenge which includes uploading of before photos at the time of registration.
- All participants may be required to sign a waiver, and submit a validation letter written by participant’s sponsor at the end of the Challenge verifying contestant followed all of the rules and regulations of the Challenge.
CHALLENGE TIME LINE
New Year Kick Off 2014
- Last join date to be eligible for the New Year Kick off judging is July 31st, 2013
- The Challenge end date is November 20th, 2013
- All completion materials must be submitted no later than November 20th 2013 in order to be eligible for judging. Note: Materials submitted after this date will be included in the following judging period.
- Winners will be announced within a week of December 11, 2013
- Top three winners will attend Celebration 2014 and the 2014 IsaBody Challenge Transformation cruise.
- Last join date to be eligible for Celebration judging is February 28th, 2013
- The Challenge end date is June 20th, 2013
- All completion materials must be submitted no later than June 20th 2013 to be eligible for the 2013 Celebration judging. Note: Materials submitted after this date will be included in the following judging period.
- Winners will be announced within a week of July 11, 2013
- Top three winners will attend Celebration 2013 and the 2013 IsaBody Challenge Transformation cruise.
Note: Isagenix will only judge participants that submit “before” and “after” photos taken on the start and end date of their Challenge. Your Challenge period begins the day you take your before photos with the newspaper and complete the online registration form. The system allows you to set the start date back up to two weeks from the current date. If you register and are not satisfied with your initial weight loss, you may re-register at any time. All Challenge requirements must be received by Isagenix no later two weeks after the participants end date.
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
All participants must submit a completed Isagenix IsaBody Challenge online registration form. Contestants are required to upload photographs and essays in their Back Office. Participants may also choose to mail the materials to the following address:
Attn: IsaBody Challenge
2225 S. Price Rd.
Chandler, AZ, 85286 USA
Isagenix must receive all materials no later than two weeks after the participants Challenge end date. It is each participant’s responsibility to provide Isagenix with the correct contact information. Only one entry per person, per Challenge is permitted. Isagenix is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected postage due to mail entries, typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Challenge, print and online ads, or in the announcement of the prize.
All entries, and any copyrights therein, become the sole property of Isagenix and will not be returned. By entering, participants agree to abide by these rules and warrant and represent that their entry is authentic, unaltered and their original work, and grant to Isagenix the right to edit, publish, promote and otherwise, use their entries, without restriction, in any and all media, for any purpose whatsoever, and without further permission, notice or compensation.
The odds of winning the Challenge depend on the number of people entering and completing the stated requirements. This cannot be determined in advance.
The decision of the judges with respect to selection of the winners, and in regard to all matters relating to this Challenge, shall be final.
Challenge finalists will be notified by phone or by email within a week of November 11 2012 or July 11, 2013 depending on their judging period. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined during Celebration and will be revealed on stage at the event. Stories and photos of the winners and runners up will also be posted on the Isagenix Website after the announcement is made.
IsaBody Challenge participants may not solicit local media regarding their participation in the Challenge without prior written consent from the Isagenix Communications department. For questions on media relations, contact News@IsagenixCorp.com.
Isagenix makes no express warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the prizes. Certain restrictions may apply. If winner cannot take the trip during specified date, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
Participants agree to abide by these rules and the binding decisions of the judges. All prizes are nontransferable. Winner is responsible for paying taxes on their winnings. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. By accepting the prize the winner grants to Isagenix, the right to use the winner’s name, essay, and likeness for promotional purposes without further notification, permission or compensation to the winner. Winner will be required to verify purchases and results or an alternate winner will be selected. Travel companion of trip winner will be required to execute a liability release and verification of age prior to ticketing.
All winners and travel companions will be responsible for obtaining their Visa and any other documents needed to enter the United States.
Challenge winners must provide information necessary to complete Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (in the United States). All participants are responsible for any tax forms or information required in their country of residence.
Each participant assumes all risk of injury, loss or harm of any kind arising from participation in or prizes awarded as a result of this Challenge, and Isagenix shall not be responsible or liable for damages of any kind arising there from. Contestants participating in the IsaBody Challenge release Isagenix, directors, officers, executives and employees from all risk, harm, loss, injury or damage that may occur from participating in or resulting from the Challenge.
Participants may modify their diet and/or training program to suit their goals. Participants are encouraged to seek the assistance and advice of a qualified personal trainer. Prior to beginning any weight-control program or exercise regimen, it is recommended that a physician be consulted.
Isagenix reserves the right to award additional prizes at the judges’ discretion.
Isagenix reserves the right not to award all prizes in the event that there are an insufficient number of qualified entries received that meet the minimum standards established by the judges.
The IsaBody Challenge, all rules and regulations, and any supporting documents are subject to change without prior notice.
Questions regarding the IsaBody Challenge should be directed to IsaBody_Challenge@IsagenixCorp.com.